"Take an energy excursion to understand the basics of energy consumption globally, in the United States, and at the state level in Texas."
This lesson explores primary and secondary energy consumption at local, regional and global scales. Trends in energy consumption between various nations as a result of industrialization and population growth are presented for comparison.
- Explain the standard energy unit of the British Thermal Unit and the concept of energy density
- Give examples of primary energy sources and secondary energy sources
- Summarize general trends in global energy consumption
- Provide an overview of trends in U.S. energy consumption and production over the last several decades
- Describe the sources of primary energy consumed by Americans over the last several decades and the reasons for any fuel switching
- Give an explanation of Texas energy consumption compared to the total energy consumption in the United States